The martian moon phobos orbits only a few thousand miles above the red planets surface its proximity to its planet is one of the reasons astronomers were unable to see the satellite until the . Discovery phobos was discovered on aug 17 1877 by asaph hall overview phobos gouged and nearly shattered by a giant impact crater and beaten by thousands of meteorite impacts is on a collision course with mars. Phobos fbs n the larger and inner of the two planetary satellites of mars greek fear deity who personifies fear from phobos fear see phobe phobos fbs n celestial objects the larger of the two satellites of mars and the closer to the planet approximate diameter although it has an irregular shape 23 km compare deimos
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.