The terminology of the british isles refers to the various words and phrases that are used to describe the different and sometimes overlapping geographical and political areas of the islands of great britain ireland and the smaller islands which surround them. Regional characteristics the british isles sit between the north sea and the atlantic ocean off the coast of mainland europe at the closest point they are only 21 miles from the mainland. Bucher fremdsprachig wahlen sie die abteilung aus in der sie suchen mochten. British isles was accurate from the 12th century to the early 20th century when the british controlled ireland however now it seems that ireland has renounced all britishness since leaving the british commonwealth in 1949 i notice that cruise lines and other sources use british irish isles which seems more 21st century
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.