Winnicott saw the true self as rooted from early infancy in the experience of being alive including blood pumping and lungs breathing what winnicott called simply being out of this the baby creates the experience of a sense of reality a sense that life is worth living. Donald winnicott 1896 1971 was a london paediatrician who studied psychoanalysis with melanie klein although accepting klein he viewed the key aspect of healthy development as rooted in relationships and micro interactions with other people thus taking particular interest in object relations theory . Winnicott sees the key role of the good enough mother as adaptation to the baby thus giving it a sense of control omnipotence and the comfort of being connected with the mother this holding environment allows the infant to transition at its own rate to a more autonomous position
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.