The blitz september 1940 may 1941 nighttime bombing raids against london and other british cities by nazi germany during world war ii the raids followed the failure of the german luftwaffe to defeat britains royal air force in the battle of britain july september 1940. The blitz during which nazi germany bombed london and other english cities in nighttime raids lasted from sept 7 1940 to may 1941 the raids killed around 43000 british civilians and left . The blitz was nazi germanys sustained aerial bombing campaign against britain in world war two the raids killed 43000 civilians and lasted for eight months petering out when hitler began to . Nevertheless the effects of the blitz were devastating 60000 people lost their lives 87000 were seriously injured and 2 million homes were destroyed this article is part of our larger educational resource on world war two
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.