Grottasongr is what can be called a true scandinavian fairy tale in essence a poem put to song by two young slave girls slavery is one of the most overlooked aspects of old norse culture and it was common for girls and boys to be bought to serve in the houses of the fledgling nobility. Grottasongr the song of grotti is a poem in 24 stanzas considered part of the poetic edda corpus although it occurs not in the codex regius manuscript but in various manuscripts of snorra eddait takes the form of a work song chanted by two giant maidens forced by the legendary danish king fri to grind out on the mill called grotti first riches and happiness and then an army
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.